Friday, July 22, 2016

Agnes Warner, letter dated July 16, 1916

Agnes Warner was a Canadian nurse who worked on the Western Front. The following letter, dated July 16, 1916, was later included in the book, Nurse at the Trenches: Letters of Agnes Warner, a World World War One Nurse. 

"Another rainy day and cold as the dickens, but we are glad to get through the summer without extreme heat or a pest of flies.

My tetanus case is really getting better.

Last week I went to a concert given at R for the soldiers who are resting. It was one of the nicest I have been at. I did not want to go, for I don't feel like any kind of gaiety, but Mrs. T insisted. There were only three ladies present, the rest of the salle was filled with soldiers just from the trenches. The concert was held in a stable."

From page 83, Nurse at the Trenches: Letters of Agnes Warner, a World War One Nurse. 


No comments:

Post a Comment